Electrical Design Engineer
We have an immediate opportunity for a Professional Electrical Design Engineer - Intermediate to Senior, with a need to make a difference in the fuel cell industry and the desire to work in a dynamic team in Burnaby, BC.
Loop Energy is a privately-held company whose advancements are the result of 20 years of research and collaboration among the most creative and determined minds in science, engineering, clean tech and the automotive industry.
Patented, peer-tested and industry applauded, Loop’s eFlow® technology is the first to create uniform current density and the elimination of mass transport losses, solving one of the most challenging issues in hydrogen energy development – and offering a new vision for heavy transport. Targeting short- and regional-haul freight markets as a replacement for fossil-fuel powertrains, Loop’s tough, zero-emission hydrogen/EV engine creates consistent peak power, improved performance, and a competitive total cost of ownership, without subsidies.
Our company is rapidly expanding as we are in the scale-up process and moving into production. The anticipated company growth in the coming year will provide our employees with the opportunity for exciting advancement within the company as we move into this next phase in our brand-new facility!
- Develop component design requirements from system and cascaded requirements
- Specify and source electrical devices
- Design, package and verify electrical subsystems (export power, power, control wiring harnesses, relays and embedded controllers)
- Specify, design and validate concepts to control of EMI (EMC)
- Define and evaluate the product safety concept for high voltage safety, isolation/bonding and combustible atmospheres
- Prepare and/or review technical drawings including P&ID’s, control logic diagrams and DFMEA
- Assist in preparation of technical documents, including test procedures, test reports and product manuals.
- Registered as a Professional Engineer in the province of British Columbia
- 5 – 10 years of relevant engineering experience
- Proven ability to design state logic, analog and digital control systems (at both the regulatory and supervisory control level)
- Knowledge of control logic, configuration and programming
- Experience with dynamic simulation of control and process systems using MATLAB and Simulink
- Experienced in tuning of control loops
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of working in a pro-active manner with minimal supervision
- Structured problem solving skills (8D, 5-Whys)
- Working knowledge of regulatory codes and standards considered an asset
- VA/VE or design to cost experience considered an asset
- Working knowledge of NI LabVIEW considered an asset.
- A competitive salary and benefits package awaits the successful candidate
- Potential for an annual bonus
- Opportunity to participate in our stock option program